Re: [exim] Spam bypassing spamassassin et al

Author: Always Learning
To: John Mc Murray
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam bypassing spamassassin et al

On Wed, 2015-09-02 at 18:58 +0200, John Mc Murray wrote:

> Paul, thanks, I'm not an expert in exim by any stretch of the
> imagination

Neither am I "an Exim expert". I am a Leaner too.

The main ACL's I use for ordinary incoming email are:-

acl_smtp_connect
    I check the sender's IP address resolves to a hots name and then that
host name resolves to the IP address

acl_smtp_helo
    I check the EHLO/HELO

acl_smtp_rcpt
    I check the SMTP FROM and the SMTP RCPT

acl_smtp_data
    I reject emails with no Message-ID: headers. This helps to remove junk
mail, sales circulars and other unwanted emails. I also reject if there
is no Subject: header but I accept a blank (or empty) Subject: header.

Good luck with your Exim adventure.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.