Re: [exim] multiple pgsql servers for different purposes

Author: Gary Stainburn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] multiple pgsql servers for different purposes
On Wednesday 02 September 2015 11:41:30 Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 02/09/15 11:31, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > My current setup ported from my old server uses a pgsql connection to our
> > internal web server for multiple purposes including email to helpdesk and
> > other facilities.
> >
> > I now want to add another pgsql database on my mail server specifically
> > for improving EXIM's handling of emails.
> >
> > Looking at the docs it looks like I can't do this as multiple servers can
> > only be specified for backup purposes.
> >
> > Am I wrong? Is there any way I can direct lookups to a specific pgsql
> > server?
>
> Use a list of servers each with a name, in the main-config option
> setting, and specify the server name in the lookup.
>
> See here for details:
>

> http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-file_and_database_l
>ookups.html#SECTspeserque
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Jeremy

Thanks fo that Jeremy, I thought I'd seen that before but couldn't find it
today. My next problem is that I'm going to use a Unix socket to connect to
the local database as it's quicker and more efficient. However, if I have the
following:

hide pgsql_servers = (/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432)/db/user/password : \
                websvr/usersdb/user/pssword

then I can obviously specify "servers=websvr" but how do I specify the first
one?