Re: [exim] TLS error on connection

Góra strony
Autor: Gary Stainburn
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] TLS error on connection
On Friday 28 August 2015 16:50:46 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> On Friday 28 August 2015 16:43:05 Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> > You'll need to disable that feature of the firewall, and let Exim
> > do its job.
>
> Hi Viktor
>
> I think you're right, but 4.50pm on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend is
> not the time to start changing the firewall settings.
>
> I'll have a look at it on Monday night ready for work on Tuesday and see
> what happens.

I turned off the SMTP filtering within the firewall yesterday morning and has
stopped the problems that I was expereincing with TLS connections, so that is
a success.

Thanks Viktor and Eugene.

I wasn't expecting such a huge increase in incoming email though. The
firewall was definitely doing a grand job of filtering, just a pity about the
side effects.

I just now need to ensure that the virus and SPAM filtering on the server is
up to the increased throughput.