[exim] acl_check_notquit and value of deny message =

Author: Gary Stainburn
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] acl_check_notquit and value of deny message =
As part of my work to try to fix my TLS problems last week I added the below
ACL

I want to keep it to help in future issues. However, it's filling my log files
with duplicate entries. For example the deny rule below is taken from my
exim.conf and prevents anyone from outside my network from posting to
internal distribution lists. It does a deny and sets the appropriate error
message.

In this instance, I don't want the notquit ACL to add a log entry. Is there a
way within acl_check_notquit to accept if "message =" has already been used?

acl_check_notquit:

# accept here means don't log it - i.e. already logged elsewhere

  # message was dropped
  accept condition = ${if eq{$smtp_notquit_reason}{acl-drop}{1}}
  # message was SPAM / Virus
  accept condition = ${if eq{$acl_c_SPAM}{1}{1}}
  warn log_message = notquit: $sender_host_address failed with \
                $smtp_notquit_reason

# example deny rule
  deny    message = external address sending to internal list
      domains =  +local_domains
#      sender_domains = !+local_domains
       hosts = !+relay_from_hosts
      condition = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases.d/internal}{yes}{no}}