Re: [exim-dev] exim .editorconfig -- any objections?

Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] exim .editorconfig -- any objections?
Phil Pennock <pdp@???> (Fr 28 Aug 2015 20:59:16 CEST):

> (Sorry Todd, I hadn't realized those were so prevalent back when I
> reviewed your Python interpreter work)
>
> We can add comments to the `.editorconfig` file with suggestions for many
> text editors, as just one common place which exists. I'll do so, for my
> .vimrc suggestion above.
>
> I'm not inclined to rush to bulk-edit every file for a New World Order.
> I'd rather see people get comfortable with this approach and then, if
> there's consensus, we might strip later.

I'd vote for a bulk-edit and a single commit. Because otherwise I'd be
afraid that we start mixing code changes with stripping these vi(im):
lines, creating a mess of commits.

Having a common base for sw=,et=… line of settings seems perfectly reasonable.

(I didn't know editorconfig and I was already preparing a proposal for
a bulk edit of all that modelines and the emacs' pendant)

--
Heiko