Re: [exim] TLS error on connection

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Gary Stainburn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] TLS error on connection
On Friday 28 August 2015 16:43:05 Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 04:18:14PM +0100, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > The server does sit behind a Fortinet firewall which does do SMTP
> > interception. It has it's own built in anti-SPAM and anti-firewall
> > facility.
>
> You'll need to disable that feature of the firewall, and let Exim
> do its job.

Hi Viktor

I think you're right, but 4.50pm on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend is
not the time to start changing the firewall settings.

I'll have a look at it on Monday night ready for work on Tuesday and see what
happens.

> > I did have an issue when I tried it locally as the RCPT command did not
> > work. Is this normal, and how would I get round it to test the server
> > further?
>
> The "s_client" command treats Upper-case "R" at the start of a line
> as a "Renegotiate" command. It is not a TLS netcat, it is a
> debugging tool for exercising various TLS features. You can use
> "rcpt to:" in lower-case if you like, but there's no point...
>
> The problem is with traffic that transits the firewall.
>
> --
>     Viktor.

Thanks for explaining this, and for all your help with the problem. I'll post
on how I get on next week.

Gary