Re: [exim-dev] exim .editorconfig -- any objections?

Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] exim .editorconfig -- any objections?
Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> (Fr 28 Aug 2015 15:12:22 CEST):
> > I _think_ that it reflects what's as close to common practice as we
> > come.
>
> If it works with whatever vi-de-jour I happen to be using, I guess
> it's ok. I see vim is specifically noted on the website as requiring
> a plugin to work with it, along with a lot of other editors.
>
> Can it handle the other things I commonly set in a vi: config line;
> autowrite, autoindent?

For vim I'm using now that plugin (via pathogen) and it seems to work.
Changes in .editorconfig override settings from my global ~/.vimrc and
settings via modeline in turn override the .editorconfig settings.

This means, we should strip the modlines from all source files, shouln't
we?

--
Heiko