Re: [exim] per recipient domain throttling

Góra strony
Autor: Chris Siebenmann
Dla: Lena
CC: exim-users, cks
Temat: Re: [exim] per recipient domain throttling
> > Welcome to university mailer life, where you will find plenty of
> > (long-term) users who say 'forward all of my incoming mail to GMail,
> > yes I mean *all* of it, even the mail that your anti-spam system
> > thinks is spam'.

[...]
> You can explain to them a faster way to get all mail to Gmail:
> Settings - Acconts and Import -
> "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)".
> So Gmail pulls from your POP3 server instead of you trying to push to
> Gmail MX.

This involves our users giving GMail their password for our services
for it to remember. Like many places, we have a policy against giving
other people (Internet services implicitly included) access to your
account. The very last thing we want to be doing is officially
encouraging it for GMail.

    - cks