Re: [exim] exim does not execute a a router+transport when i…

Góra strony
Autor: Evgeniy Berdnikov
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] exim does not execute a a router+transport when it should execute it
On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 05:37:41PM +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 21/08/15 16:59, fBXzK kEl1q wrote:
> > It sounds like "redirect that returns a list" is a more robust
> > alternative? Could you provide an example?
>
> It only works when the alternate names are distinct.

As for robust alternatives, I think that a router chain in the
original config

    todestination1:redirect -> router11:manualroute

can be changed to direct transport call todestination1:manualroute,
without use of "redirect_router".

However, the question remains why Exim drops copy of mail as
duplicated. I suspect that Exim does not distinguish cases of
mail reinjection to the beginnig of router chain and jump with
redirect_router. Ideally, each router should collect a list
of accepted addresses to remove duplicates.
--
Eugene Berdnikov