Re: [exim] spaces and quotes

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] spaces and quotes
Jasen Betts <jasen@???> (Fr 14 Aug 2015 07:05:46 CEST):
> On 2015-08-12, Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> wrote:
> >
> > --===============0524400654==

> > --TKDEsImF70pdVIl+
> >
> > Jasen Betts <jasen@???> (Mi 12 Aug 2015 03:10:39 CEST):
> >>=20
> >> Absolutely!
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >> Currently I'm on debian's release 4.86-2
> >
> > Debians stable release has Exim 4.84.=20
> > Exim is at 4.86.
> >
> > Did you install from the git-sources? If yes, which commit did you use?
>
> I'm pulling the source package from debian-testing (AKA "Sid")
> and building it with altered compile flags (eg: turning on REDIS)
> and various other wierdness
>
> If it's hard to figure out the state of Debian's 4.86-2 I can pull from
> git and build from that in the debian framework.

     git checkout exim-4_86
     git cherry-pick 2ef7ed082481b2dccd3c2e0eae849b24bf0b172a

Then I'd pull in the Local/Makefile from the Debian build.
In my testing environments I change the paths of the binary to
/usr/local/exim/, leaving all other paths (spool, pid, …) untouched.

That way my testing version and the official built version can co-exist.
In emergency I killall exim and service exim4 start.

It applies cleanly. (Or is there some other clean way to backport a
patch? I'm not a git expert…)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann