Re: [exim] data ACL only for ''local recipient'' messages...

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] data ACL only for ''local recipient'' messages...
On 2015-08-11, Marco Gaiarin <marcogaio@???> wrote:

> My ''home server'' get email via UUCP or fetchmail, does not have a
> ''public'' SMTP access.

> I've tried, firstly, to use a 'domains =' to match only local messages, but
> exim reply me that i cannot use 'domains =' in data ACL ('cannot test
> domains condition in DATA ACL').

> How can i apply that ACL only to ''non local recipient'' messages?

How about checking for mail of non-local origin rather than checking
the destination:

(All examples are untested)

fetchmail allows you to set the port number it will submit mail to in
the "smtphost" option (eg: "set smtphost localhost/2525" in fetchmailrc ),
set up exim to listen on the new port (eg: 2525) port and check the
port number in your ACL. to do this use a condition test instead of the
domains test.

eg check for emails received on port 2525:

condition = ${if = {$received_port}{2525}}

This is open to "abuse": should anyone on your LAN explicitly wish
their emails to be scanned they could configure their client to
submit to your port 2525.

--
\_(ツ)_