Re: [exim] saving mails to a file

Góra strony
Autor: Jim Pazarena
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] saving mails to a file
no, but it doesn't 'write' to the file.. only reads. And it looks for
the traditional 'begin ...' and 'end' of the uuencoded file. It deletes
the file if it gets to the end.
and any section outside of the begin .. end is ignored.

Thinking about a race within my routine doesn't seem possible
because it IS a read only routine against the exim 'save'd file.

And, long after the file has been written by exim, the uudecode
routine can choke. But not on all machines, all of which have been
sent the same file (to be saved by Exim), and possibly rapid fire
email files, creating a multiple email file.

If you are suggesting that the exim appendfile transport will
always observe locking, then could there be any issue on FreeBSD?
exim<-flock->FBSD ?

Thanks, again.