Re: [exim] saving mails to a file

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jim Pazarena
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] saving mails to a file

On 2015-08-01 10:13 AM, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 01/08/15 18:06, Jim Pazarena wrote:
>> I have one email addy which saves emails to a file.
>>
>> I think I have a race condition where multiple inbound messages clobber
>> and corrupt the save file (occasionally...not often).
>
> I assume this delivery is not being done as one of the usual
> mail file types (mailbox, mbx, maildir). How are you doing it?

in a dot forward, with a condition such as:

if $h_subject: contains "file update (uuencoded)"
    then save $home/saved_file.uue
         finish
endif

Within these emails are uuencoded data for expansion.
usually 99.9% of the time no issue.
But occasionally the uuencoding is corrupted and messes me up royally!
My un-uuencode routine parses thru the saved file, looking for multiple
emails, and unencodes them one at a time.

Also, I send these same encoded files to several servers at the same
time. Not all are corrupted when the problem occurs, only the busiest
servers. It's the same file in a multiple "To: ..." situation so the
file itself is not corrupted, hence I thought I have some kind of
race.

Thanks.