Re: [exim] Exim on one box, clam on another - not detecting …

Author: Luca Bertoncello
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim on one box, clam on another - not detecting virus
Zitat von Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn@???>:

> On the clam server I then got log entries appearing (I had already turned on
> LogClean)
>
> Mon Jul 27 12:30:46 2015 -> stream(10.5.1.3@1506): OK
> Mon Jul 27 12:30:46 2015 -> stream(10.5.1.3@1928): OK
> Mon Jul 27 12:30:46 2015 -> stream(10.5.1.3@1218): OK
> Mon Jul 27 12:30:46 2015 -> stream(10.5.1.3@1608): OK
> Mon Jul 27 12:30:48 2015 -> stream(10.5.1.3@1402): OK
> Mon Jul 27 12:31:53 2015 -> stream(10.5.1.3@1432): OK
> Mon Jul 27 12:32:01 2015 -> stream(10.5.1.3@1175): OK
> Mon Jul 27 12:32:01 2015 -> stream(10.5.1.3@1784): OK
>
> All looked fine until I then tried testing the mail server using the web page
> at
>
> http://www.aleph-tec.com/eicar/
>
> I continued to get 'OK' log entries and the emails passed through.
>
> Can anyone suggest where I look to see why Clam didn't detect the virus?

Hi!

I had this problem in the past...
ClamAV works like FTP, so that it use TWO Ports! 3310 is "fix" and
then it open another port "dynamically" to receive the E-Mail.
If there is a Firewall between the to Servers, you have to open the
second, dynamic, port...
As I had the problem (the problem was not a Firewall, but a
LoadBalancer) I solved with a Wrapper running on the Exim-Server and
always send data to the same ClamAV-Server that got the initial
packets...

Maybe it helps you to find your solutions...

Regards
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert@???)