Re: [exim] Proxy Error 503. Can change that ?

Author: Sylvain Donnet
To: Evgeniy Berdnikov, exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Proxy Error 503. Can change that ?
Thanks for your reply, Eugene.

The full message returned by Exim is :
503 Command refused, required Proxy negotiation failed
As specified in :
/usr/share/doc/exim-4.84/doc/experimental-spec.txt

It is mainly due to non-respect of the 3 seconds timeout, because of high
traffic, for instance. Exim is waiting 3s max, that haproxy sends to it
the PROXY instruction.

I understand that the real problem to solve is the high traffic, but
replying by a 503, which will generate to the end user a mail with "503 -
REJECT - FORGET ME", is quite hard to explain to the users. So, it is why
I thought about a 4xx error.

Sylvain