Re: [exim] Exim4 vs Gmail - DKIM algorithms incompatibility

Autor: Jon Gerdes
A: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim4 vs Gmail - DKIM algorithms incompatibility
On Tue, 2015-07-14 at 13:12 +0530, PRAJITH wrote:
> try to modify your dns record as follows.
>
> default._domainkey TXT 86400 v=DKIM1; k=rsa;
> p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC/CvLQsXjX0+90gy6wLr5uzfmHR6O
> t9ziBDlFkogWDkthCeli9NgBActwET2yTTYWAdY5ClBcpmAF+JquzTLaGksATYBov1U9x
> rt2UVSDBWiipCSawmxSUyJpUFC8xwB/Emcso5sBuD28hHJq0HhImiw9XqT5qv+uclKxor
> 5+liwIDAQAB
>
> On 14 July 2015 at 11:42, LinuxAdmin <linuxadm@???> wrote:
>
> > Here is my DNS Record.
> >
> > dkim._domainkey.legaljobsinusa.com TXT 86400 k=rsa;
> > p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC/CvLQsXjX0+90gy6wLr5uzfmHR
> > 6Ot9ziBDlFkogWDkthCeli9NgBActwET2yTTYWAdY5ClBcpmAF+JquzTLaGksATYBov
> > 1U9xrt2UVSDBWiipCSawmxSUyJpUFC8xwB/Emcso5sBuD28hHJq0HhImiw9XqT5qv+u
> > clKxor5+liwIDAQAB
> >

> > Regards,
> > Linux Admin Team

--------------------8<---------------------

Note that you can have multiple DKIM records.  You can then test a new
one with a special router/transport combination.

Also note that the Exim docs specify RFC 4871 but that has been
obsoleted by RFC 6376 so be careful. See http://www.exim.org/exim-html
-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch
-support_for_dkim_domainkeys_identified_mail.html

According to RFC 4871:
"v=  Version of the DKIM key record (plain-text; RECOMMENDED, default
       is "DKIM1").  If specified, this tag MUST be set to "DKIM1"
       (without the quotes).  This tag MUST be the first tag in the
       record.  Records beginning with a "v=" tag with any other value
       MUST be discarded.  Note that verifiers must do a string
       comparison on this value; for example, "DKIM1" is not the same
as "DKIM1.0"."

The v= tag is only recommended but I suspect that in practice is is
mandatory.

Cheers
Jon

Blueloop Ltd
01460 271055
https://www.blueloop.net
Blueloop House, Ilchester Road, YEOVIL, BA21 3AA Registered England & Wales - 3981322