[exim] Setting up real and virtual users

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: AC
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Setting up real and virtual users
I'm trying to find some documentation to help me set up real and virtual
users but I can't seem to find anything that covers what I need. Most
of the documentation I find describes doing one or the other but not as
a combination.

I currently have my mail server hosting a real account (my own account
on the machine) which I want to keep exactly as is. However I'd like to
be able to create virtual accounts to give out to others (e.g. parents).
I don't want to give them shell accounts like my personal account. I
can't seem to figure out how to set exim up to deliver to both real and
virtual users in a way that a program like dovecot (which I currently
use for serving mail to MUAs like Thunderbird) can retrieve.

Any pointers to this information is greatly appreciated.