Re: [exim] [clamav-users] problem reading socket while updat…

Author: Jon Gerdes
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] [clamav-users] problem reading socket while updating database
On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 08:34 +0000, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> Apologies for cross posting. This question is about Exim and clamd. Specifically, how can we deal with a clam daemon that’s unresponsive (for five minutes) while updating rules. The obvious thing would be to wait a bit longer rather than time out, but I can’t see a control for that. I have some alternative suggestions, of which (3) below seems most promising, if somewhat complicated.

Straight off the top of my head without any research:

Sounds like you need a cluster of ClamAV or multiple daemons that are
updated at different times. Exim *may* be able to handle multiple
daemons/sockets or you need a load balancer like HA Proxy to act as a
front end.

Cheers
Jon

Blueloop Ltd
01460 271055
https://www.blueloop.net
Blueloop House, Ilchester Road, YEOVIL, BA21 3AA Registered England & Wales - 3981322