Re: [exim] Hide sender address in Received header

Author: Phil Pennock
To: hb_exim
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Hide sender address in Received header
On 2015-07-05 at 18:46 +0200, hb_exim@??? wrote:
> As a solution I tried is to change the received header by exim. There is the
> configuration option received_header_text . I want to change it. But exim
> complains >>option "received_header_text" unknown<<.

The Exim configuration file is divided into sections, delimited by lines
which start with the `begin` keyword.

The `received_header_text` option is a main section option, which needs
to go before the first `begin` line.

For myself, I have this:
----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
# We don't want software or version
# We don't want the intended recipient
# We don't want the sender_ident
# We don't want to leak HELO from internal networks with Thunderbird using
# its local IP as HELO, so we trim the results further for authenticated.
received_header_text = "Received: \
        ${if def:authenticated_id {from authenticated user }{\
        ${if def:sender_rcvhost {from $sender_rcvhost\
        ${if def:sender_helo_name { (helo=$sender_helo_name)}}\n\t}}}}\
        by ${primary_hostname} \
        ${if def:received_protocol {with $received_protocol}} \
        ${if def:tls_cipher {($tls_cipher)}}\
        \n\tid $message_exim_id"

but that hasn't been touched in a few years and there are interesting
things from newer features that might be worth adding.

-Phil