Re: [pcre-dev] Printing EBCDIC code page version

Author: Ze'ev Atlas
To: pcre exim
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Printing EBCDIC code page version
Thank you

Yes the function is in pcrzosfs.h with a few other zos specialized functions used in pcre2grep,  also with same   #ifdef...#endif.

The issue that brought in the need for that is that EBCDIC has quite a few code pages.  Some are justified as servong locale needs (Turkish, Greek, Hebrew, some european needs, etc.)  But some are bordering in the bizarre and were attempts to fix issues with their predecessors, attemots that created more confusion.

The literature make you to believe that cp037 was largely abandoned in favor of IBM1047 in the US.  A short reality check shows that this is probably not the case... however the C compiler itself works in IBM1047.

Zeev

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android