Re: [exim] mail gateway requirements

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] mail gateway requirements
On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 16:35:41 +0000, Sujit Acharyya-choudhury
<s.choudhury@???> wrote:
>Just ping can cause DOS attack by Ping flooding. So if not needed for mail gateway, we can disable ping on our mail gateways.

You'd need your ISP to do that blocking. If you block on your side of
your access line, you'll still be denied service. And, ping flooding
is not often used as DoS since traffic amplification is much easier
available using other protocols.

And, please do not top post.

Greetings
Marc