Re: [exim] exim command to dump config after macro expansion

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim command to dump config after macro expansion
Tim Watts <tim.j.watts@???> (Fr 03 Jul 2015 14:43:39 CEST):
> No matter - I'll write one from scratch - it will take less effort :)

Use

    /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/example.conf.gz

as an "official" starting point. It's the configuration as supplied by
the maintainers of Exim (!= maintainers of the Debian Exim package).

It's working out of the box for an internet host (may be some extra
activated line in the local transport because of the permissions).

Always I use this file to build a more or less specialized site
configuration. The Debian style may fit the needs of the majority, but
as soon as you want to use the full power of Exim you're lost. (IMHO).
You've to understand the Exim configuration syntax PLUS the Macro
Magic…

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann