Re: [exim] received from is ip address and not domain name

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Chip
Para: Jeremy Harris, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] received from is ip address and not domain name

On 06/29/2015 05:27 AM, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 29/06/15 03:09, Chip wrote:
>> Received from localhost ([127.0.0.1]:37656 helo=xx.xx.xxx.xx) by
>> host.domain.com
> Start with the definition of the received_header_text option:
>
> http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-main_configuration.html#SECID110

As a starter-upper with Exim I'm a bit perplexed with the syntax in the
received_header_text and how to massage that to work for me.

I have found this solution though, and people please feel free to chime
in if it's not the best.

headers_remove = Received

which removes the first "received from" in the header which is the one
causing problems and only refers to internal network, anyway.

The exim community seem split on whether or not this is a good idea.
Something to do with mail loops.

Could use some help.

Thanks.