Re: [exim] unknown variable name "tls_in_cipher"

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dan D Jones
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] unknown variable name "tls_in_cipher"
On Thursday, June 25, 2015 01:49:53 PM John Burnham wrote:
> On 25 June 2015 at 13:23, John Burnham <john.burnham@???> wrote:
> > On 25 June 2015 at 00:47, Dan D Jones <dan.d.jones@???> wrote:
> >> 220 mydomain.org ESMTP Exim 4.80 Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:53:38 -0500
> >> ehlo me

> >> LOG: failed to expand condition "${if eq{$tls_in_cipher}{}{}{*}}" for
> >> plain_sasl_server authenticator: unknown variable name "tls_in_cipher"
> >
> > There's your problem - that expansion came in in version 4.82 - you're
> > using 4.80.
>
> Gah - forgot to mention that you can probably substitute $tls_cipher for
> $tls_in_cipher in this case and get it working without having to change
> your Exim version. Sorry.

Thanks. I've been running my own physical server for a decade and a half.
Due to a change in jobs I'll be in an apartment for a little while where a
business class (static IP) connection isn't available. So I'm setting up a
hosted vm server. My physical server has dual intefaces, one with the public
IP and one with a private IP. I've always just configured Exim to allow relay
from local (private IP) subnets, so I've never bothered with user
authentication. If someone is trying to send email from a local IP, they're
either authorized or I'm already pawned, so authentication wouldn't matter
much. I copied some of the config files from my local server to the vm without
realizing that the Exim version's differed. That's how I ended up with the
mismatch between the executable and the config files. Changing the line to
$tls_cipher fixed that issue. Thanks again.

--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great
pleasure." - Clarence Darrow