Re: [exim] Exim accepts mail for domains it's supposed to ac…

Author: Ernie Dunbar
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim accepts mail for domains it's supposed to accept mail for, until we add a load balancer.
On 2015-06-26 10:53, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 26/06/15 18:34, Ernie Dunbar wrote:
>> First we have the ACL that actually does the
>> rejecting:
>>
>>   require
>>     message = relay not permitted
>>     domains = +local_domains : +relay_to_domains

> You problem is in a ACL verb before there, where you
> were previously accepting and now are not, possibly
> based on something like the sending IP address.
> --
> Jeremy

I'm not entirely sure if I understand you, but it sounds like you're
suggesting that our configuration has changed regarding where we're
going to accept mail from.

We'd basically have to blacklist our own load balancer's IP address to
make that happen. And even if we did, we wouldn't get the error message
"relay not permitted", it would be something else completely.

This whole segment of the ACL configuration is the default configuration
that comes with Debian, and if these messages come in from a different
IP address, mail delivery works just fine.