Re: [pcre-dev] issues with EBCDIC and pcretest

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Autor: Ze'ev Atlas
To: pcre-dev@exim.org
Betreff: Re: [pcre-dev] issues with EBCDIC and pcretest
<snip>The "*** Failers" string is not special. I put in some tests to make it
easy to see which data is supposed to match and which is not. Some
patterns match it; some do not. In this case, it doesn't match. Your
test, however, looks different to the one in testdata1:

/^[W-c]+$/
    WXY_^abc
0: WXY_^abc
    *** Failers
No match
    wxy
No match

The case of the letters has been inverted somehow.
<snip>I intentionally reversed the order to create an EBCDIC appropriate test.
Thank you for the explanation about the '*** Failers' string
I do not know what to do about the newlines.  I am using run of the mill yahoo service for my email Ze'ev Atlas