[pcre-dev] \l issue

Author: Ze'ev Atlas
To: Pcre Exim, Philip Hazel
Subject: [pcre-dev] \l issue
Hi PhilipI enclose here my CHARTAB8 which is the EBCDIC equivalent of pcre_chartable.c.  I Believe that it would explain some of the different printouts.
OTH, I could not find where PCRE discovers \L and rejects it, PCRE correctly fails in both EBCDIC and ASCII.  Similarly, I could not find where PCRE discovers \l and supposed to reject it as well but it does not and looks at it as if it was the charcter 'l'.  I need some guidance on it.  It looks like the last identified bug in the code.
<snip>ASCII is correct:/\l/IFailed: PCRE does not support \L, \l, \N{name}, \U, or \u at offset 1

EBCDICCapturing subpattern count = 0No optionsFirst char = 'l'No need char
for some reason \l is treated as the character l and not as the pattern \l.  Any idea where should I look?  I will research but any idea is wellcome.<snip> Ze'ev Atlas