Re: [exim] Exim4 sends X-Spam-Score: 22.4 emails. How can I …

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 sends X-Spam-Score: 22.4 emails. How can I block that?
Hi,

James Nightly <exim4debian@???> (Fr 29 Mai 2015 16:06:13 CEST):
> How can I configure exim4 on Debian to disregard and not forward
>
> We are getting bombarded with spam, messages are tagged by
> Spamassasin, but for some reason Exim4 still sends these to Mailman.
>
> Debian 8 (Jessie)
> Exim version 4.84
> Mailman 1:2.1.18-2
> SpamAssassin version 3.4.0, running on Perl version 5.20.2

It depends on your configuration. Does the SpamAssassin run take place
in your DATA acl? This gives you the chance to deny the message during
the incoming SMTP session. (Best solution, since it turns the
responsibility to the sending side.)

Or you may check the $h_x-spam-score: header in a router and route this
messages somewhere else (even blackhole), but this is the worst
solution, since you're responsible for notifying the sender (which is
most likely to be faked) or not to notify anybody, loosing information
about dropped messages.)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann