[exim] ratelimit

Autor: Sujit Acharyya-choudhury
A: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: [exim] ratelimit
I have managed to put in the ACL some kind of ratelimit information, which is as follows:

# Log all sender's rate
  warn ratelimit = 15 / 10s / per_rcpt / strict
        log_message = SENDER RATE: $sender_rate/$sender_rate_period from $sender_address
  # system wide rate limit (4800/hour)
  warn ratelimit = 40 / 30s / $primary_hostname
        log_message = SYSTEM RATE LIMIT: exceeds $sender_rate/$sender_rate_period

What I do need though, is a warning when a particular user gets above certain number of e-mail. This one example of the problem we had when an account was compromised:

Top 50 local destinations by message count
  Messages      Addresses      Bytes        Average       Local destination
     89904          89904          367MB       4280       xxxx01@???
       269            272               17MB       65KB       yyyy02@???

Usually from looking at eximstats, the max e-mail one person gets from the gateway is less than 500. There is no way to find out or warn us about this kind of escalation of e-mail from ratelimit. It is based on sender's address not on how many recipients got.

The eximstats, I used was eximstats -nr -t_remote_users
Regards

Sujit