Re: [exim] Internationalized email

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeremy Harris
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Internationalized email
On 22/04/15 20:44, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> Not trying to give you a hard time by the way, just conveying a
> couple of issues dealt with as part of the the recent Postfix EAI
> implementation... There are many opportunities for subtle
> interactions, I would treat this as work-in-progress and continue
> to think hard about remaining issues.

It's too complicated to be right first time, certainly.

> Does Exim send MIME bounces?

Yup

> What is the "charset" of bounce bodies
> when interpolating UTF-8 addresses into error messages in the bounce
> body?

The "human-readable" part is

... which I can see being incomprehensible when a UTF-8
address or header is included.

> What is the content-type of the bounce message when returning
> attached original messages that contain UTF-8 headers? ...

The message overall is

The included-part is
or Content-type: message/global

but this depends on the original having been labelled SMTPUTF8,
not on the detection of UTF-8 headers. The defaults are
or Content-type: message/rfc822

--
Cheers,
Jeremy