[exim] Experimental redis: spaces in, and integers out.

Autor: Jasen Betts
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Experimental redis: spaces in, and integers out.

I'm using source from a few months ago so these issues may have
already been addressed.

It seems to me in testing that lookup redis converts integer results
to "true" or "false" instead of returning integers this seems counter-
productive.

I created the integer result by returning a number from a lua script:

exim -be '${lookup redis{eval return(ARGV[1]+ARGV[2]) 0 2 2 }}'
true

String results appear to be returned correctly.

exim -be '${lookup redis{eval return(ARGV[1]+ARGV[2]).."" 0 2 2 }}'
4

String parameters (including the lua script source) containing spaces
seem to get converted into syntax errors no matter what I do. The
"quote_redis" expansion opperator appears to be a no-op.

I can get by with only space-free parameters, always return string
results, and use evalsha to specify the script so it's still useful
to me.

--
umop apisdn