Re: [pcre-dev] possible lookaround bug

Author: ph10
To: Joel Uckelman
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] possible lookaround bug
On Tue, 31 Mar 2015, Joel Uckelman wrote:

> When I try this with PCRE 8.33 on Fedora 20, I get what appears to be an infinite loop:
>
> echo -n a | pcregrep -o '(?<=\Ka)'
>
> pcregrep prints 'a', one per line, until I kill it.

It seems that fuzzing is in fashion. I have received several bug reports
recently that resulted from fuzzers, which are clearly good at inventing
weird patterns that stress the code better than human-invented tests.

I will look at this soon and report back. (But a holiday weekend is
about to happen; I might get to it this week, but it may be next week.)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel