Re: [exim] SMTPS connection errors with Apple Mac Mail

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jeremy Harris
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] SMTPS connection errors with Apple Mac Mail
On 14/03/15 01:40, Assaf Gordon wrote:
> I'm trying to configure exim-4.80 with SMTPS and experiencing
> connection problems from an Apple Mac Mail client (mac os x 10.9.5, mac
> mail 7.3).

[...]
> Any advice or suggestions on how to even start debugging it will be
> appreciated.

A useful step is to run exim in debug mode. Stop the daemon
and run from commandline with "exim -bd -d+all >log 2>&1 & tail -f log"

Given the self-signed nature of the cert, we want Exim to not be
able to verify it but, unless you've configured to require such,
continue with an encrypted connection.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy