Re: [exim] LMTP support effects

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] LMTP support effects
Hi,

Ian Zimmerman <itz@???> (Mi 11 Mär 2015 01:47:51 CET):
> The spec says (chapter 28 in my copy):
>
> Because LMTP is expected to be of minority interest, the default
> build-time configure in src/EDITME has it commented out. You need to
> ensure that
>
> TRANSPORT_LMTP=yes
>
> is present in your Local/Makefile in order to have the lmtp transport
> included in the Exim binary.
>
> It is not clear to me (and I don't want to needlessly experiment) if the
> build time option is also needed for lmtp protocol support in the smtp
> transport.

As far as I see in the sources, the TRANSPORT_LMTP has no influence on
the build of the SMTP transport features. LMTP over TCP is a feature of
the SMTP transport.

But it's not tested, it's just derived from a short view into
src/transports/smtp.c

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann