Re: [pcre-dev] Release candidate for 10.10

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: Petr Pisar
CC: pcre-dev
New-Topics: Re: [pcre-dev] Release candidate for 10.10, Re: [pcre-dev] Release candidate for 10.10
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Release candidate for 10.10
Hi Petr,

thank you for running PCRE2 on many environments.

>The AArch64 is worse. It compiles with JIT but crashes on tests:
>
>FAIL: RunTest
>=============
>PCRE2 C library tests using test data from ./testdata
>PCRE2 version 10.10-RC1 2015-02-20
>---- Testing 8-bit library ----
>Test 0: Unchecked pcre2test argument tests (to improve coverage)
>  OK
>Test 1: Main non-UTF, non-UCP functionality (compatible with Perl >= 5.10)
>  OK
>  OK with JIT
>Test 2: API, errors, internals, and non-Perl stuff (excluding UTF-8)
>  OK
>./RunTest: line 446: 18631 Bus error               (core dumped) $sim $valgrind ./pcre2test -q $test2stack $bmode $opt $testdata/testinput2 testtry

>I don't have time to debug it now. But it worked in 8.36 version.

I tried RunTest in my qemu emulated ARM-64 environment (I don't have access to real hardware), and it worked. Hence I definitely need some help to fix this. My ARM-64 GCC is Linaro 4.8.3, and I can only compile PCRE in static mode, otherwise qemu does not work.

It is interesting that test1 runs correctly, and test2 fails. Perhaps a stack related issue? The message "bus error" is also interesting, not the usual "segmentation fault". I don't know this error, but according to wikipedia, a bus error is a fault raised by hardware when a process is trying to access memory that the CPU cannot physically address.

Could you run pcre2_jit_test as well? RunTest accepts test numbers between 1 and 18, e.g: "RunTest 1 7 9 17". Could you check which tests are fail besides test2?

Regards,
Zoltan