Re: [exim] ACL for rejecting own host in HELO

Top Pagina
Auteur: AC
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] ACL for rejecting own host in HELO
Let me try that again with the right subject line

Lena@??? wrote:

> P.S. I was wrong, sorry. We both missed that the miscreant's bot
> changed .net to .org (and mail. to smtp.).
> mail.acarver.net was rejected, smtp.* and *.org were not rejected.

No problem. The thing is that my local domains are both .net and .org
(I do have both registered):

domainlist local_domains = @:localhost:acarver.net:acarver.org

The server itself is named mail.acarver.net. For some reason I thought
the rules I had would catch that the incoming host name was from either
of those domains and reject it outright but, instead, it seems to only
be catching the case where it matches the exact hostname instead of the
domains (so it caught mail.acarver.net but didn't catch any other
*.acarver.net or *.acarver.org)

What did I do wrong in my rule set?