Re: [exim] Issue with Virtual Users

Top Pagina
Auteur: Brian Rudy
Aan: Jeremy Harris, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Issue with Virtual Users
Hi Jeremy,

First off, I really appreciate the quick response and thank you for all
your help.

I tried changing the $1 and $2 to $auth1 and 2 respectfully. I still
get the same outcome (the virtual user cannot send email but the general
user can).

I may be missing the boat entirely here but it seems to me that this
machine isn't reading the password file correctly. The configuration
that I used on the previous machine used the same password file for both
dovecot and exim. For some reason,on the new machine, dovecot didn't
like the default (MD5 password hash) that was used so I had to change it
to SHA. So, I separated the files into 2. The dovecot one is in SHA
and the Exim one is the MD5 hash that I created but it still doesn't
like reading it (I tried a SHA file for Exim and got the same results).
I have the permissions for that file set the same as they were on the
old machine. I don't think (although again, I may be missing the boat
entirely) that the logic is at fault, I am really leaning towards the
password file.

Please tell me if I'm off base or not.

Thanks,
Brian