Re: [exim-dev] EXPERIMENTAL_PROXY clarification

Author: matthew.schlosser
To: E.Istomin, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] EXPERIMENTAL_PROXY clarification
I don’t think my question was well understood. We are looking to implement Exim as a scalable cloud-based MTA, but without egress access to the internet. Exim’s feature set and performance are excellent for this, but the lack of SOCKS support prevents us from implementing it. I don’t think HAProxy can provide egress SOCKS support.

Please excuse my poor ASCII diagram.

             +---------------+
             |SMTP (internal)|
             +------+--------+

             +------+--------+
             |  (internal)   |
             | Load Balancer |
             |               |
             +---------------+
     +-------+---------------+---+
     |              |            |
     |              |            |
+----+----+   +-----+---+   +----+----+
|Exim Node|   |Exim Node|   |Exim Node|  ... -> Scale to infinity (internal)
+---+-----+   +----+----+   +----+----+

|           Socks 4/5 Devices          |
|              (external)              |

|     Internet/TCP/IP (MX routing out SOCKS) |