Re: [exim] How to set exim to manage the number of CC or BCC…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] How to set exim to manage the number of CC or BCC addresses?
On 4 Feb 2015, at 16:11, Reinier Carmona Lizana <reinier.carmona@???> wrote:
> Hello, excuse me for my defficient english, I am not a native speaker. I
> have 3 mx servers and I am trying to set the limit the quantity of email
> destination, I have this in my exim.conf
>
> MAX_RCPT = 10
>
> begin acl
>
> acl_check_rcpt:

Remember that this only functions on one specific inbound message at a time. Messages to large numbers of recipients can be broken into many separate connections for reasons over which you have zero control.

> deny   message       = Too many recipients
>         log_message   = Too many recipients. "$rcpt_count" rcpts
>         condition     = ${if >{$rcpt_count}{MAX_RCPT} {1}{0}}
>         senders       = ! FILTERDIR/senders_with_no_rcpt_limit

> and that work but only for TO addresses. I need the same for CC or BCC
> addresses, anyone have and idea that how I can do that?

That works for all RCPT commands in a given inbound message in a given inbound connection. If the message as sent by the sender gets broken up across all three of your MX servers, in small chunks as dictated by the remote end, then you'll only ever see a subset of the overall number of recipients in that connection.

If you want to do something across your whole platform then you'll need some form of shared database in which to store connection information but that's pretty well outside the boundaries of this list.

Regards

Graeme