Re: [exim] remote host address is the local host

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] remote host address is the local host
On 2015-01-22, Christian Gebler <geblerchristian@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for a long time I use an exim mailsever, for one outgoing mail I get the
> following error and I don't understand why. Maybe you can help me:
>
> 2015-01-22 14:37:37 1YEHx2-0002Pl-PO <= Recipient@xxx H=(mx.xxx.net)
> [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] P=esmtp S=606 id=782374@???
> 2015-01-22 14:37:37 1YEHx2-0002Pl-PO remote host address is the local host:
> smtp.myserver.de
> 2015-01-22 14:37:37 1YEHx2-0002Pl-PO == postmaster@???
><Recipient@???> R=dnslookup defer (-1): remote host address is the local
> host

Address of "smtp.myserver.de" matches an IP address that exim
recognises as being it's own address, however it does not recognise
the domain on the inbound email "smtp.xxx.de" as being a domain that
it accepts mail for.

I'm guessing the MX record for "smtp.xxx.de" points to "localhost"
or possibly to "smtp.myserver.de"

If it looks legit do a whois lookup on smtp.xxx.de and ask the admin
contact what they're trying to do.

I think a misconfiguration something like that can sometimes evade the
inbound/outbound barrier on some other MTAs if poorly configured.

--
umop apisdn