Re: [exim] Macros in include files

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Robert Blayzor
To: Exim Users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Macros in include files
On Jan 22, 2015, at 11:46 AM, Jethro R Binks <jethro.binks@???> wrote:

> I have a .include statement for a file whose contents defines macros,
> which are used later on in the config.
>
> The included file does not try and use any macros itself, don't think I
> have ever tried that.

That most certainly works. I have macros in the main configuration file which can be used/referenced by the included config parts.

ie:

MACRO = foobar
.include exim2.conf

exim2.conf can have:

${if eq{MACRO}{foobar}{true}} ...

etc.

It's good to know that macros can be defined in the include config parts... Can macros in included files be expanded/used in configuration that called the include? Would order of appearance in the configuration file affect that?

--
Robert
inoc.net!rblayzor