Re: [exim] check_srv mx exists

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Klaus Ethgen
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] check_srv mx exists
Hi,

Am Mi den 21. Jan 2015 um 12:03 schrieb John Schmerold:
> Is there a check_srv directive that would allow exim to reject messages
> without a mx record?
>
> A healthy number of spammers have no mx record. Seems like a low cost way
> to eliminate many of the new TLD spam we have been seeing.

Yes, it is true that most spammers have no (valid) MX record. However,
the inversion is not valid. There are many legit senders without MX
record. That is fully ok and there are mail admins out there that do not
see any reason why to add A and MX with the same content.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C