Re: [exim] exim not expiring messages/ cleaning up spool

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim not expiring messages/ cleaning up spool
Hi

On 6 Jan 2015, at 15:56, Corin Langosch <info@???> wrote:
> Shouldn't exim handle it automatically, if configured correctly? I'd like to avoid using a cronjob if possible.

Only if it’s running as ‘-q<something>’ or you’re manually running the queue.

Retry data will only be checked when a message is processed. If no queue runs take place, no processing takes place, so the queue is never cleaned up.

What are your startup option for Exim?

Ideally it needs to run as something like ‘exim -bd -q5m’ (which will startup as a listening daemon and run the queue every 5 minutes).

Graeme