Re: [exim] Not able to enable option log_smtp_confirmation

Author: Adam D. Barratt
To: LinuxAdmin
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Not able to enable option log_smtp_confirmation
On Thu, 2015-01-01 at 13:08 +0530, LinuxAdmin wrote:
> I am new exim user, i want to enable log_smtp_confirmation option in
> exim, but it give following error.
>
> Starting exim: 2015-01-01 00:44:23 Exim configuration error in line
> 173 of /etc/exim/exim.conf:
>   main option "log_smtp_confirmation" unknown
>                                                            [FAILED]

That's because there's no such configuration option, and hasn't been
since exim 3 (which is very very old now).

> As per the exim documentation this option is to set in mail
> configuration option, i did the same.

Which documentation? The current documentation on logging can be found
at
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-log_files.html and will point you in the direction of the log_selector option (and indicate that confirmations are logged by default).

Regards,

Adam