Re: [exim-dev] Feature: support for compressed messages on d…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Robert Blayzor
Aan: exim-dev
Onderwerp: Re: [exim-dev] Feature: support for compressed messages on delivery
On Dec 25, 2014, at 12:53 PM, Sven Hartge <sven@???> wrote:

> What is wrong with "-m Folder.Name.Here" as paramter to
> /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver (or whatever the dovecot LDA is named on your
> setup)?
>
> Works like a charm here.

Maybe. Assuming you want to get locked into using Dovecot deliver... and would not work with LMTP. Also I don't believe maildir quotas are supported/enforced on pipe transports.

Pre-compressed sizes in Exim is a simple patch that I will submit, which would make it agnostic to whatever POP/IMAP server you're using that supports zlib compressed files. If Exim devs want to include it, it might be useful to others. If not, no biggie; I can just include them in my pre-port build patch files.

-Robert