Re: [exim] Can't read SSL key/cert, how to debug?

Author: Yves Goergen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Can't read SSL key/cert, how to debug?
Am 21.12.2014 um 22:42 schrieb Heiko Schlittermann:
> Exim delays reading of the ssl files until it's really needed. Normally
> the root privileges are dropped already at that point.

No need for root, I've added the Debian-exim user to the ssl-cert group
that allows it reading the files.

Also, port 25 with STARTTLS suddenly started to work again while port
465 with SSL still did not. So it's can't be a problem reading the cert
file.

Unfortunately, I can't use the server right now because my
backup&restore test didn't produce a bootable machine. Still trying to
figure out what's wrong there. I'll try the other things when it's back.

--
Yves Goergen
http://unclassified.de