Re: [exim] Google rejecting me - DMARC policy

Top Pagina
Auteur: Todd Lyons
Aan: Rob Gunther
CC: Exim Mailing List
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Google rejecting me - DMARC policy
On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 12:45 AM, Rob Gunther <redrob@???> wrote:
> They do the check on the from: header or the envelope address?

DMARC uses both when computing alignment and verification, but the
From: header is the more important of the two. From the DMARC spec:

The domain name extracted from a message's RFC5322.From field is
the primary identifier in the DMARC mechanism. This identifier is
used in conjunction with the results of the underlying
authentication technologies to evaluate results under DMARC.

> I rewrite the envelope address when forwarding. I was able to get the
> message by directing it to another server today and the envelope address
> was rewritten as expected.
> Sender address rewritten from <no-reply@???> to
> <SRS0=9+eA=AV=postmaster.aol.com=no-reply@???>

Do you also add a DKIM signature for @ik2.com? It will help some, but
I don't think it will solve the problem unless you also rewrite the
From: header. To be honest, I haven't put much thought into whether
that is a good thing or a bad thing.

> It is great that AOL is enforcing sending policies, but I find it
> unfortunate that they sent the message from 64.236.82.2 which has no
> reverse resolution!

For their purposes, whether or not that IP reverse resolves really has
no bearing on whether they think you are spoofing their email
addresses.

...Todd