Re: [exim] Exim 4.84 Freebsd 10.0 & Vexim 2.2.2 rc1 R=virtu…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Odhiambo Washington
Aan: exim
CC: Exim
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Exim 4.84 Freebsd 10.0 & Vexim 2.2.2 rc1 R=virtual_domains defer (-1): Temporary internal error mail not delivering
On 27 November 2014 at 11:11, Godfrey @ Exim <exim@???> wrote:

> Good Day
>
> Before we start I would like to say I did post to the Vexim users list
> about this matter but alas no response. I googled this subject silly but I
> have not come across a solution that works.
>
> I do have working installations of vexim on other boxes with older
> versions of exim php and mysql with no issues.
>
> This is a new install on a freebsd 10.0 box with the following
>
> The exim info is at the bottom of this message.
>
> My problem is thus
>
> cant get the mail to deliver locally
>
> My logs are full of these messages
>
> R=virtual_domains defer (-1): Temporary internal error
>
> There is some fault with virtual_delivery: section of vexim ver 2.2.2 r1
> the virtual_delivery: section is lower down in this email. I have been
> through it over and over counted brackets etc, even tried the :: double
> colon solution as suggested in on google post but alas that did not work
> and am stumped.
>
> What would be really nice if some one on this list who has a working
> implementation of vexim 2.2.2r1 and exim 4.8.4 that would save me a lot of
> headake and would be kind enough to share it with me so I can just plug it
> in and get it working.
>
> Alternatively what else is there out there that I can use to manage my
> users exim4u has had no development since 2012.

The fact that exim4u has not had any development doesn't disqualify it for
use. And remember you are free to develop it, or even fork it and develop
for yourself. I used to use vexim and left it for exim4u and as you've
realized already, being actively developed doesn't translate into active
support!

Now for your issue: I use FreeBSD, but I haven't gotten to 10.x yet. I am
still on 9.x and I use exim4u on several servers and I am quite happy. We
do have some traffic on exim4u list whenever there is an issue. Else we are
a very contented lot:-)

So, just to make sure what you are experiencing is not as a result of an
issue we went through recently with exim 4.83-4.84, please go ahead and
install exim 4.85 by hand to overwrite your 4.84 and see if you still have
the problem. Another thing you should do is to increase your logging or
run in debug mode as suggested and show the output.
Running in debug mode is as simple as you were shown - kill all exim
processed and start one with the options you've been given.

I suppose your exim is able to connect to your DB.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,