Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 first Release Candidate

Author: ph10
To: Maël Hörz
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 first Release Candidate
On Sun, 30 Nov 2014, Maël Hörz wrote:

> > It compiles that way, and
> > assuming no other code references this from another shared library, we
> > should be good.
> I was referring to this code comment:
>
> /* Private "external" functions. These are internal functions that are called
> from modules other than the one in which they are defined. They have to be
> "external" in the C sense, but are not part of the PCRE public API. They are
> not referenced from pcre2test, and must not be defined when no code unit width
> is available. */

I've just been checking this out, and I agree that your fix is what
should happen. As I understand it, the PCRE2_EXP_DEFN thing is for
functions that are exported from the library as part of the external
API. The PRIV(xxx) functions are all internal, so should not have it.

Thank you for solving this. While checking it out I realized that
PCRE2_EXP_DATA_DEFN, which was ported from PCRE1, is no longer needed,
as there are no longer any exported variables. I will remove it when I
do the edit, but I have run out of time for today, so it will happen
tomorrow or Tuesday.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel