Re: [exim-dev] RFC: private vs. generic options in routers a…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-dev
Betreff: Re: [exim-dev] RFC: private vs. generic options in routers and transports
On 2014-11-22 Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> wrote:
[...]
> Hm, a configuration file that is better readable is always a gain. A
> complex configuration is not always read or maintained by an expert.

Hello,
Well, for me personally distinguishing private router options does not
increase readability. If I set a option I need to understand what it
does and why I want it. The information that it is specific to the
redirect router or would apply to ipliteral router does not interest
me a lot.

But that is really just me personally, so I do not think it should
count for much in the discussion.

OTOH I have pretty good idea that renaming the option and dropping the
old name would cause loads of work for many people in the distribution
context (Debian).

BTW: Do we currently have router options that do not apply to all
routers but are shared by at least two of them?

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'